Today M. and I were talking about when she'd go to see her dad this weekend, and how we'd probably stop to eat at that McDonalds again. She got excited: "Yeah! We can go there with daddy!"
So then I had to explain again, like I've tried to explain for more than 3 years, that her daddy can't go anywhere with us, he has to stay there. That's the rules, because he's having a time out.
And with a vintage Curious George book being our current favorite, now she imagines her daddy sitting in a "time out" room (that's what I call it, even though the book says prison) like Curious George did after he got caught pranking the fire department.
M.: "Like Curious George!"
me: "Yep. And do you remember why Curious George was in a time out?... Because he broke the rules."
M.: "Daddy...he hit...he hit...he hit--"
For some reason I thought she was going to say "--someone with his car." Even though there's no way she could know that. But instead she said: "--another daddy."
So I could safely say "nope" to that. No, he did not hit another daddy. But with his car, he did hit and hurt a drunk guy on a bike, when he was drunk too.
But for now all M. knows is that her daddy broke the rules and he's in time out.
No comments:
Post a Comment