Thursday, May 10, 2012

Leave no trace

Spring cleaning and reorganization projects are hard enough without having to consider the repercussions of an item accidentally left "out of place."

"HEEEeeeeyyyy! MOOMMMmmmmmy! Why did you put that there? That doesn't go there! You're silly! Did you put that there when I was at school? OOHHhhhhh! That is so silly! MOOMMMmmmy!......" and on and on.

And the item in the spotlight is usually just a piece of paper, a stray plastic bag, a dust rag, any mundane object left in a surprising place--like if I get distracted by the phone and forget to put something away while I'm cleaning. An exclamation will be shouted and the above interrogation will follow. 

There's been a lot of cleaning and reorganizing around here now that my friend, the one with all the twins, is coming to visit and stay with us next week. With all their allergies and our collective behavioral problems, this should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment