Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Because I am not a super hero

We took over the way back room of the pizza place today with our friends, the M&Ms.

The Littlest M. grabbed his DS back from my M. after he decided she'd had it long enough. A screaming freak out ensued. Littlest M. retreated to the farthest away empty booth, clutching the DS and regarding the rest of us with a challenging stare.

"You know who you are making really happy right now?" Mommy M asked him, scolding, but in my opinion not firm enough for what he just did.

"Who does she mean? Satan? Does she mean he's making Satan really happy?" I whispered to their Grandma who was next to me watching the showdown. She shrugged, didn't know. The Biggest M., intent on his own DS game, gave me a similar response.

"You need to make a better choice and be nicer." Mommy M. informed Littlest M.

"I am trying!" He shrieked, with bug eyes and dramatic flailing.

"You need to try harder." Mommy M. persisted.

"But I can't!" Littlest M. wailed.

"Why not?" Mommy M. asked.

"Because...I am not a super hero!" He yelled.

And there you have the logic of a 3 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment