One member of my playdate group is always casually talking about all their trips and activities and what a good deal this or that was so they HAD to do it, couldn't pass up the great savings, etc. This last playdate she confided how they didn't go anywhere for spring break.
I know, we didn't go out anywhere either, like McDonalds Playland or the mall play area, because every other damn kid in town would be there too, I was thinking.
But then she continued on to say they don't "go," as in away (like, on a trip), until after spring break to avoid the crowds and pricey air fare. And then, sadly, how they might not be able to "go" as much after their little princess starts kindergarten.
I'm really glad I didn't say anything because turns out I have nothing to contribute to this part of the chit chat (except for maybe waaaa or boo-hoo) because I can't even afford to "go" drive across town to visit friends, mmm-kay?
No comments:
Post a Comment