Everyone was already pretty annoyed by the time we finally met my parents at Burgerville yesterday. Apparently, my mom had been trying to call me to buy more time because she wasn't ready (she's ALWAYS late) and apparently Cricket cuts your phone off if you're just one day late on the bill (but remember back when people made plans to meet at certain times and there were no cell phones to call in order to buy more time?). So since she couldn't get through to tell me, she sent my dad grumbling over to BV to stalk the parking lot looking for me. And we almost missed him because I EXPECT my mom to ALWAYS be late, so I always have to add about 20 minutes to the meeting time. (It's terrible of her to always do that knowing M. has zero patience!) So we met my dad as he was leaving the parking lot and we were driving in. He rolled down the window, looked pretty mad, gave me a scolding tone about not paying my phone bill, made me feel like a delinquent teenager, and said now he had to drive back home and get my mom since she wasn't ready yet.
So I had to entertain M. (the little time bomb) in the meantime. I asked her to choose, either wait in the car or go inside. She chose to wait in the car, where we played the, "Is that their car?" game at every car that passed by. (Little blue sports car? Grandma and Grandpa? Um, no.)
It takes a long time to get my mom loaded into the front of the car and then her scooter loaded into the back of the car, and my dad doing all the work with his bad hips, bad back, swearing, etc., so with my parents, it is not quick to just run home and get grandma like it might be for other people. It's a painfully slow process. But later that same day, we were all finally inside Burgerville where we left M. sitting with grandpa and my mom and I went to order.
I ordered for M. and me, and the cashier gave the total, but I turned to my mom for her to say what she wanted, and that's when things went wrong and I still don't know why but my mom flipped out on the cashier.
I guess she couldn't hear the cashier over the background noise, and was trying to ask her to repeat the total since it wasn't showing us the total on the register, so since she couldn't hear she was yelling "WHAT???!!!" and making angry faces at the cashier, and assuming the cashier couldn't hear her either, so talked really slow and very loud as if the cashier was either hard of hearing or stupid, and all with a really crazy pissed look on her face. Then I guess my mom decided it was all just too upsetting to order after all so she would just go without, even though all she was getting was a Coke. Apparently she decided it was too hard to just say, "Coke," and instead insisted on paying right then, all the while throwing a big fit and acting like the cashier had done something wrong. The poor cashier was stuck there while my mom starting tossing her all these BV gift cards with different amounts left on them so the register froze up and we were stuck there so long our food beat us to the table.
After we got back to the table, my mom went back up to order her Coke by herself (cashier probably had quit by then) and while she was gone I tried to tell my dad what happened and thought maybe he would know what the hell her problem was, but right off he screwed up his face and yelled,
"WHAT???!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment