Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Couscous

It's autism awareness month, and coincidentally we were discharged from our occupational therapy today. Although it kind of sucks to lose support services, it's not the end of the world, I suppose. Our issues fall largely in the area of gray right now, now that we've made progress with the major issue which was food texture sensory/anxiety problems. Now we are trying a lot of new foods without freaking out first, without examining it with suspicion first, etc. Not necessarily liking all of it, but at least trying. And then not gagging and pulling our tongue out if we don't like it.

Couscous (plain w/ added garlic powder)
Raisins
Rice a Roni (with noticeable parsley)
Chicken curry and rice
Motts granny smith applesauce
Carrot cake
Taco Bell mild sauce
Rice cake
Lasagna (we're talking layers of texture here!)

Out of that line up, the applesauce, the hot sauce, and the couscous are probably the only keepers, but it's at least something besides just goldfish crackers. And we haven't needed the Miralax in a month or more.

* I now have a habit of speaking in the first person collective sense, saying "we" when I mean "she" and such, because of the ongoing "Are you talking about me?" paranoia. It's almost as annoying as the 18 months when I couldn't use her name out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment