Saturday, April 14, 2012

Over dinner...

"Hey Mommy?"

"What?"

"I don't like ladies."

"Okay."

"But I like this lady." (points at me)

"Okay."

"And I like Christian's mommy and Grandma, but I don't like other ladies, right Mommy?"

"Okay."

"I don't like the ladies on tv."

"Okay."

"I don't like the ladies on tv because they say 'cluded' lots of times and I don't like them saying that."

"Okay."

"Right Mommy? They say 'cluded' lots of times, right?"

"Okay."

[there's one commercial often aired on Qubo where a woman does use the word "included" and I always hear M. grumbling at it, so that must be where this is coming from]

"I don't like that word and that's why I don't like ladies."

"Okay."

[Then a shape in her spoon of macaroni and cheese catches her eye]

"Hey! This looks like pants!"

"Okay."

...

And so it goes, on and on, all day long, the talking never stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment