M. and I were in the backyard enjoying this rare 80 degree April day. We were playing frisbee when she suddenly looked around and exclaimed, "Hey! I have a new game we can play!"
What the hell, I thought. Who am I to crush her creativity? And I wanted us to stay outdoors as long as possible before bedtime since the rain will be back tomorrow.
So she taught me the new game. It goes like this:
M.: "You are NO, and I am YES."
Me: "Okay."
M.: "So do it."
Me: "Do what?"
M.: "Say no."
Me: (??????????) "No."
M.: "Yes."
Me: "No?"
M.: "Yes."
Me: "No."
M.: "Yes."
Me: "Okay, that's enough."
And seeing that's all there was to the "game," I walked away to do something else.
Apparently this new game can also be played alone, since M. marched around shouting, "NO-YES-NO-YES-NO-YES-NO-YES-NO-YES-NO--" as fast as she could for quite some time.
Later, she taught me a similar "game," called I WIN. It's where she arbitrarily yells, "I win! You didn't win!"
..............
I think these games of hers are rigged.
No comments:
Post a Comment