At church this morning M.'s bff was out sick and the teachers tried to soothe her by suggesting she make a 'get well' card and pray for her friend, to which M. announced, "I don't like to pray!"
Okay then...
But today I guess she not only did not pray but didn't make a get well card either because all she brought home was a paper plate with streamers attached that says "Sing Praises To The Lord."
M. asked me what it says, so I read it. She repeated slowly, "Sing. praises. to. the. lord."
Then asked, "What does 'lord' means?'
I told her, "Lord means God."
She said it to herself but without a shred of understanding. And that's fine. For a black and white, concrete mind that doesn't understand concepts, God is just a word. Praying is even more vague and unsettling to her I'm sure.
So she doesn't like praying, that's okay. It's still better than last Easter when she announced to everyone as we were leaving church, "Mommy, I don't like Jesus!"
No comments:
Post a Comment